Grade 1 Curriculum
1. Representing 1-digit numbers.
2. Comparison of 1-digit numbers.
3. Addition of 1-digit numbers.
4. Word Problems on Addition (1-digit numbers).
5. Subtracting 1-digit numbers from 1-digit numbers.
6. Word Problems on Subtraction (1-digit numbers).
7. Number bonds of 10.
1. Comparing length directly using aligning endpoints.
2. Comparing length indirectly using the vocabulary: objects longer than, shorter than, and equal in length to that of a string.
3. Ordering three lengths using direct and indirect comparisons.
4. Identifying the need to use the consistent and same units for comparing different measurements.
5. Representing the lengths of objects in standard units.
1. Estimating and comparing using informal vocabulary: pour, fill, full, empty, holds more, less or the same amount as a given container.
2. Using appropriate non-standard measuring units for estimating the volume.
3. Discussing the need for standard units.
4. Estimating and measuring capacity using standard units. (the litre)
1. Getting familiar with the days of the week and months of the year.
2. Sequencing of the events occurring over longer periods in terms of dates/days.
3. Reading day, date and month using a calendar.
4. Identifying from the calendar, the day of the week on which a given date occurs.
5. Constructing a paper clock by partitioning a circle and telling time in hours.
6. Recognizing halves within a circular clock face and telling time to the half-hour.
Numbers and Place Value
1. Identifying and Representing 2-digit numbers using ones and tens.
2. Expanded form of 2-digit numbers.
3. Comparing up to 2-digit numbers based on meanings of ones and tens digits, using the symbols >, < and =.
Number Relations and Patterns
1. Using concrete materials 0–20 to find all the addition combinations to form a given number.
2. Identifying 10 more, 10 less, 1 more, and 1 less than a two-digit number.
3. Identifying even and odd numbers.
4. Doing skip counts by 1s, 5s, 10s and 100s.
1. Estimating and comparing weight using informal vocabulary: heavy, heavier, heaviest; light, lighter, lightest.
2. Using appropriate non-standard measuring units and instruments which are best for weighing various objects.
3. Discussing the need for standard units.
4. Estimating, measuring and recording weight using standard units. (the kilogram).
Shapes and Spatial Understanding
1. Identifying the objects which roll and slide.
2. Creating a composite shape from 2D shapes and describing the composite shape using shape names and positions.
3. Creating a composite shape from 3D shapes and describing the composite shape using shape names and positions.
4. Exploring the relationship between 2D and 3D shapes.
5. Naming and counting shapes as parts of a whole, recognizing relative sizes of the parts.
6. Partitioning shapes and identifying the concept of halves and quarters of circles and rectangles.
1. Collecting, sorting, and organizing data.
2. Asking and answering questions about the number of data points.
Numbers and Counting
1. Counting to 20 using number names.
2. Counting forward and backwards (0-100).
3. Counting in 1s, and 10s.
Addition and Subtraction
1. Calculating sums and differences to 10 using number bonds with the help of number cards, number frames, dot cards, Cuisenaire strips and numerals.
2. Number Bonds of 100 (in tens).
3. Adding tens to a 2-digit number.
4. Finding sums and differences by decomposing and composing teen numbers.
5. Applying the commutative, associative and zero properties of addition to write addition sentences.
6. Writing and interpreting two-digit numbers as addition sentences that combine tens and ones.
7. Solving story sums on addition using contextualized stories.
8. Counting on using addition to find the missing addend.
9. Using the arrow method to reach numbers up to 100.
10. Adding 2-digit with 1-digit numbers. (without and with regrouping).
11. Adding 2-digit with 2-digit numbers (without regrouping).
12. Identifying subtraction as inverse of addition.
13. Subtracting tens from a 2-digit number.
14. Subtracting 1-digit from 2-digit numbers. (without and with regrouping).
15. Subtracting 2-digit with 2-digit number (without regrouping).
16. Solving story sums on subtraction using contextualized stories.
17. Solving word problems based on the comparison of numbers.
1. Identifying Indian currency by their image, name and value.
2. Decomposing the values of coins and notes.
3. Exchanging of coins and notes to up to ₹100.
4. Using coins and notes as representations of numbers to 100.
5. Solving practical tasks and problems using money which items can be bought with given money?
Terms and Conditions